I hold BSc (Hons) in Herbal Medicine from the University of Wales in association with The College of Phytotherapy with first class honours (2005). Throughout my five years training (2000-2005) I worked as apprentice to Medical Herbalists at Ralph & Evans Canterbury and spent my first three years as a practitioner as associate Medical Herbalist in Ralph & Evans West Malling.
In 2008 I opened practices of my own in Folkestone and Maidstone.
Herbal Medicine training is extensive and detailed. In addition to being required to do a minimum 500 hours supervised clinical practice our training covers:
- Extensive Materia Medica – knowledge of the therapeutic properties of herbal medicines
- Herbal Medicine and pharmaceutical drug pharmacology – how they are metabolised, work and interact in the body
- Medical Laboratory science – enables the Medical Herbalist to interpret conventional medical test results
- Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology
- Differential Diagnosis & Diagnosis from clinical signs
- Horticulture, Botany & Pharmacognosy
In 2006 I began using the MORA intolerance testing machine and went on to acquire the Dip BER with Stan Richardson in Halifax to further expand my knowledge of this useful tool for those with intolerances.
My interest in allergy/intolerance testing and treatment stems from a personal family history of allergies and the respiratory and skin problems arising from that. I grew up with allergic asthma and my daughter was found to be dairy intolerant after developing eczema when I began weaning her. Testing, and subsequent dietary changes improved things for our family dramatically.
I am a member of the Association of Master Herbalists.
I am committed to continuing professional development, research and have a high standard of ethics.
In 2016/17 I took Reiki Level 1 which I plan to bring to my practice shortly when I acquire level 2