I hold BSc (Hons) in Herbal Medicine from the University of Wales in association with The College of Phytotherapy with first class honours (2005).
Throughout my five years training (2000-2005) I worked as apprentice to Medical Herbalists at Ralph & Evans, Canterbury and spent my first three years as a practitioner as associate Medical Herbalist in Ralph & Evans West Malling.
Training and qualification requires a minimum of 500 hours supervised clinical practice including;
- Extensive Materia Medica – knowledge of the therapeutic properties of herbal medicines
- Herbal Medicine and pharmaceutical drug pharmacology – how they are metabolised, work and interact in the body
- Medical Laboratory science – enables the Medical Herbalist to interpret conventional medical test results
- Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology
- Differential Diagnosis & Diagnosis from clinical signs
- Horticulture, Botany & Pharmacognosy
In 2008 I opened my herbal medicine practice in Folkestone.
I am committed to continuing professional development, research and have a high standard of ethics and am a proud member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists and the Association of Master Herbalists.
Providing Additional Services
In 2006, I began using the MORA intolerance testing machine and went on to acquire the Dip BER with Stan Richardson in Halifax to further expand my knowledge of this useful tool for those with intolerances.
My interest in intolerance testing and treatment stems from a personal family history of allergies and the respiratory and skin problems arising from that. I grew up with allergic asthma and my daughter was found to be dairy intolerant after developing eczema when I began weaning her. Testing, and subsequent dietary changes improved things for our family dramatically.